a french band called "Violons Barbares"

Other topics go here. (Email subscription coming)

a french band called "Violons Barbares"

Postby utelo » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:57 pm

I've just been offered their ep and it is really full of energy!
The band is composed of one bulgarian guy playing gadulka, a mongolian playing morin khoor and a french beating whatever he can put the hands on.
Better than words, demonstration!
http://www.violonsbarbares.com/enlive.html
(direct link to their "live" page, their website is in french :? )

I have to say that I don't know them and am not involved at all in their promotion. I just thought it could interest you to discover another band :angel:
utelo

Re: a french band called "Violons Barbares"

Postby Synapse309 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 7:38 am

Thanks, this is quite a find. Pretty raw.
"well, at least you don't have to listen to me..."

DISCLAIMER:
I am not a pro and don't know crap. Any advice given is my sole opinion and must not be taken seriously. Doing so may result in injury, shame or death from boredom.
Synapse309

Postby Alzin » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:02 am

Sounds cool. But I'm confused... where do I order their demo? Mon francais n'est pas très bien non plus... I guess there were six or seven mistakes in that sentence... :lol:
My music: http://www.youtube.com/therealjes
Alzin

Postby Synapse309 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:16 am

Who said anything about ordering their demo? The link takes me to the sample page where you can play a few of their tracks.

I also recommend Google Chrome as a browser, it automatically translates web sites into your preferred language.

DISCLAIMER:
I am not a pro and don't know crap. Any advice given is my sole opinion and must not be taken seriously. Doing so may result in injury, shame or death from boredom.
Synapse309

Postby Alzin » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:02 am

Noone really said that... utelo wrote he'd been offered their ep, so I guessed there was an EP or demo, and it's mentioned on their website (as far as I understood), but without any link...

Google Chrome? I don't really trust google... saves all the information noone-knows-where-and-what-for... I'm paranoid. :mrgreen:
And the translation of Google was never really good. I understand english pages better than english pages translated into german by google... and if I chose english, the german pages might be translated... I'm fine with firefox. ;)
My music: http://www.youtube.com/therealjes
Alzin

Postby Synapse309 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:15 am

I like it, it asks me every time if I want to translate, so it doesn't just do it when you don't want it to. For the most part, the Firefox plugin works just as well.

DISCLAIMER:
Synapse309

Return to Music, General